Delta SBD commences longwall build at Whitehavens Narrabri mine Delta SBD Limited (DSB) is pleased to announce it has commenced the surface build of the longwall at Whitehaven Coals Narrabri Mine. The work is being undertaken for Caterpillar Global Products which is supplying the longwall equipment to Whitehaven. Mr Stephen Bizzaca, Delta SBDs Chief Executive Officer, commented The Narrabri longwall project is a significant milestone for Delta SBD as it establishes our relationship with both a longwall Original Equipment Manufacturer and a new mine operator, which we expect to further develop in coming years. This longwall project demonstrates our strong capability in this type of work, and our ability to forge relationships with new clients, he said. Phase one of the project is the surface build while phase two is to dismantle the surface build and transport, and install the longwall underground. The second phase is expected to commence in early January 2012. Delta SBDs responsibilities include project management and supply of all resources (personnel, equipment and machinery). The companys previously announced procurement of new longwall diesel machinery (60t extra heavy duty vehicle, 130t shearer transporter, 2 x 15t multifunction units and 3 x 55t hydraulic power assist chock trailers) will be immediately deplored for phase two of the project. The Narrabri project enhances our ability to undertake installation of the latest longwall technology which ensures Delta SBD continues to be wellplaced to deliver further growth for this type of work, Mr Bizzaca said. Narrabri Longwall Surface build Yours Faithfully Tony McFadden Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary About Delta SBD Limited Delta SBD is one of the largest contract companies servicing the Australian underground coal mining industry.
The Group is geographically diversified, with offices in Campbelltown NSW, Rutherford NSW and Mackay QLD. The Groups objective is to provide valueadd services to our clients by forging profitable long term partnerships. We provide each project/mine with competent work teams, fit for purpose equipment and excellent site management backed by a supportive corporate management group. We use safe and efficient work methods that enable on time completion of all works and services to the clients requirements. With improving demand and prices, the coal industry forecast looks positive.
Structural changes in global coal markets and the cyclical rebound in global growth are driving increasing demand for thermal and metallurgical coal. For Australia this bodes well for increasing production and expansion projects. This should provide a continuing set of business opportunities for Delta SBD..
- Est enim tanti philosophi tamque nobilis audacter sua
- Share Market or Property Market? Property Pundits Take a Few Hits!
- Get Rid Of Graham Quirk - Open Letter To Brisbane Residents
- Transition To Retirement
- Trilogy Funds – Monthly Income Trust
- Morning Update - Thursday 30 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Wednesday 29 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Wednesday 29 July, 2015
- First Look - 29 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Tuesday 28 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Monday 27 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Monday 27 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Wednesday 15 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Monday 13 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Monday 13 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Thursday 9 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Thursday 9 July, 2015
- Evening Update – Wednesday 7 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Wednesday 8 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Tuesday 7 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Monday 6 July, 2015
- 52-week Highs
- 52-week Lows
- ASX Leaders
- ASX Bleeders
DSB commences longwall build at Whitehaven`s Narrabri mine