CABINDA UPDATE PRELIMINARY METALLURGICAL TESTWORK CHIVOVO FIELD RESULTS AND DIAMOND DRILLING. Highlights Preliminary bench scale test work on a Mongo Tando sample indicated the material was readily upgradable to 34% P2O5. Chivovo field results have confirmed that the stratigraphic information is consistent with historical data that recorded high grade intercepts. Diamond drilling contractor mobilized. INITIAL METALLURGICAL TESTWORK ON MONGO TANDO SAMPLE A 50kg ore sample from the Cabinda Mongo Tando deposit was sent to Behr Dolbear in Florida USA for preliminary bench scale test work. The sample had a head grade of 8.5% P2O5 and was readily upgraded to 34.7% P2O5 at a recovery of 62%. These results essentially confirm the historical test work that was carried out by the Colorado School of Mines in 1969 and AIM Laboratories in 1970. CHIVOVO DEPOSIT Historical data within the Chivovo deposit showed the potential for high grade mineralisation with grades similar to those encountered at Cacata.
Two reported historical holes are as follows CV5 21meters 26% P2O5 from surface and CV6B 10meters 20 to 25% P2O5 from 10meters below surface (CV6B) is located approximately 500m to the Northwest of CV5). During August 2011, drilling commenced on the Chivovo deposit with an initial 500m aircore drill program aimed at confirming historical data. The location of the relevant historical and completed drilling is shown in Figure 1. Field results have confirmed that the stratigraphic information is consistent with historical data and assay results are expected in the near future. DIAMOND DRILLING A diamond drilling contractor has been mobilized and drilling is planned to commence this month. This drilling is planned to allow an upgrade of Mongo Tando from inferred to indicated resources and will also provide samples for detailed metallurgical work from both the high grade Cacata and Mongo Tando deposits. About Minbos Minbos Resources Limited is an exploration company focused on the development of phosphate bearing ore within the Cabinda Province of Angola and the adjoining areas of the far western DRC.
Through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, the Company is exploring over 400,000ha of highly prospective ground hosting phosphate bearing ore. Minbos is growing its current Resource base in incremental stages as it drills out the known deposits during 2011. The Companys strategy is to specifically target the development of low cost phosphate projects, in order to tap into the growing global demand for fertilisers. Phosphate is an essential component in certain agricultural fertilisers, with the market supported by the increasing global demand for food and biofuel products.
For more information, visit www.minbos.com For more information Peter Richards Minbos Resources Executive Chairman peterminbos.com (61) 08 6140 2449 Francis DeSouza Minbos Resources Corporate and Business Development francisminbos.com (61) 08 6140 2449.
- Share Market or Property Market? Property Pundits Take a Few Hits!
- Get Rid Of Graham Quirk - Open Letter To Brisbane Residents
- Transition To Retirement
- Trilogy Funds – Monthly Income Trust
- Morning Update - Thursday 30 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Wednesday 29 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Wednesday 29 July, 2015
- First Look - 29 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Tuesday 28 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Monday 27 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Monday 27 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Wednesday 15 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Monday 13 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Monday 13 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Thursday 9 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Thursday 9 July, 2015
- Evening Update – Wednesday 7 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Wednesday 8 July, 2015
- Evening Update - Tuesday 7 July, 2015
- Morning Update - Monday 6 July, 2015
- 52-week Highs
- 52-week Lows
- ASX Leaders
- ASX Bleeders
- Morning Update - Friday 3 July, 2015
Cabinda Update - Preliminary Metallurgical Testwork